- [S73] #542 Pedigrees of the County Families of Yorkshire (1874), Foster, Joseph, (2 volumes in 12. London: W. Wilfred Head, 1874), FHL book Q 942.74 D2f; FHL microfilm 924,024., vol. 1 pt. 2 Pedigree of Gascoigne.
- [S20] Magna Carta Ancestry: A study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Richardson, Douglas, (Kimball G. Everingham, editor. 2nd edition, 2011), vol. 3 p. 467.
- [S83] #667 The Extinct and Dormant Peerages of the Northern Counties of England (1913), Clay, John William, (London: James Nisbet, 1913), FHL microfilm 990,409 item 4., p. 78.
- [S51] #739 The Visitation of Yorkshire, Made in the Years 1584-85: to Which Is Added the Subsequent Visitation Made in 1612, by Richard St. George, Norry King of Arms: with Several Additional Pedigrees Edited by Joseph Foster (1875), Glover, Robert, (London: Robert Glover, 1875), FHL microfilm 990,320 item 1., p. 7.
- [S301] #644 South Yorkshire: the History and Topography of the Deanery of Doncaster, in the Diocese and County of York (1828-1831), Hunter, Joseph, (2 volumes. London: J.B. Nichols, 1828-1831), FHL book Q 942.74 H2hu; FHL microfilm 1,696,503 it., vol. 1 p. 338.